Sunday, October 9, 2011

30

Today is the last day of being in my 20's. Everyone keeps asking me how I feel about turning 30, I'm really not sure how to respond to this question. Turning 30 does not bother me nor does it make me feel "old", quite to the contrary actually, I am excited about the adventure of being 30. I am blessed that God gave me 30 wonderful years and I can only hope and pray that I can have at least 30 more.Besides, being in my 30's means I can finally get that snowflake sweater my niece keeps telling me I'm not old enough for! HA!

At first, my wish for my 30th birthday was to have a masquerade ball, however I sure didn't put much effort over the last year into planning that (or taking dance lessons), so maybe that will have to be for my 40th.
Then my next wish was to go camping with family and close friends in Moab. I thought Moab would be a good place since it is still fairly warm, right in the middle of all my family and it's beautiful. However, not very many people could make it, so I called that off.
Then I thought maybe going to a pumpkin patch here locally, spending time with my husband and boys, hay rides, corn mazes, hot apple cider, and picking our own pumpkins sounded like an amazing way to spend the day. Well, due to financial reasons (pumpkin patches in Denver are NOT cheap) we're not able to do that this year.  Someday (hopefully VERY soon) we will be out of this slump and on to bigger and better things, but for whatever reason, right now, we need to be humbled.
So for now, it is SNOWING!! :) God loves me, He blesses me with snow and rain the day before my birthday. I am SO ok with this!

Today, while the boys and I were spending time just being together, I corralled everyone into the kitchen to make cookies, we had SO MUCH FUN, and even C got to help!




and got some wonderful gluten free / dairy free pumpkin cookies out of it! Who could ask for more? (Recipe to come later)



Now it's time to enjoy the rest of my 20's, I think snuggling up watching the snow fall and eating homemade chicken soup is just what I need. I just wish our family was here to celebrate with us!




*Sorry about the quality of the pictures, my mirror broke off of my 5D, so while I'm waiting for it to be replaced I am forced to use my backup which is a XTI and it takes crappy pictures indoors! 




No comments:

Post a Comment