Monday, March 19, 2012

Warm Gooey Brownies

When you go gluten/dairy/soy/sugar free, you give up a lot of foods that you love. Trying to find food that tastes like you remember it tasting, or even tastes GOOD for that matter can be a chore if not impossible.

I ran across Brittany Angell's blog the other day called Real Sustenance, Gluten and Allergin Free Living. There are so many good recipes on that site I didn't know where to begin, until I saw the recipe for Cookie Dough topped Brownies and I just KNEW I had to try it.

After raiding the cupboards we had all we needed for the brownies. I can't have coconut right now as my little guy is still nursing, and allergic. So, we had brownies. I followed the recipe exact, with the exception of substituting the sugar with stevia. They turned out a little thin, but I stretched them over a 9x9 pan thinking it would work. . .

So, after a little alteration, here is the recipe I found that works great, is crunchy on the outside and gooey on the inside, and aside from almonds, allergy free!!!


3 cups almond flour (meal)
2/3 cup carob powder or cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 TBSP baking powder
10 drops Nuvia liquid stevia
2 TBSP cinnamon
2 TBSP vanilla
8 TBSP milk
1 c. carob or chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients together, adding milk and chips last. Dough will be very sticky and gooey, not runny at all. This is good.

Place a sheet of wax paper in a 9x9 glass pan, lump batter onto wax paper and using a small amount of oil on your hands press the batter into the corners of the pan and make smooth on top.

Bake 350 for about 40 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean. Remove wax paper with brownies on it and allow entire thing to cool on a wire rack. If you cut them too soon they will fall apart. :)

Enjoy!!

Mad props goes out to Real Sustenance, Gluten and Allergin Free Living, it is my new favorite website and I am so thankful to Brittany for these great recipes!!

Oh, and I will try to post pictures of the brownies the next time I make them, they seem to fly out of the kitchen so I haven't gotten one yet!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh these sound so yummy! I've never used almond flour in baking, but I might have to try!!

    ReplyDelete