Friday, March 9, 2012

The New Room

 It has been a long week in some aspects, and not long enough in others. T left for her grandparents last Friday, and hubby and I set to work to transform her room. We painted, patched, sanded, primed and after spending quite a bit of time online looking for a comforter to give the room that perfect feel, I decided to make my very first quilt. Let me tell you, it was totally worth it, I had more fun making that quilt than I have had in a long time, but. . . it was SO much more difficult than I imagined, not to mention, who would have thought a blanket could make me cry and curse.

After many hours we went from this

 (Please excuse the mess, I decided to take the pictures after we started tearing the room apart. But you get the idea)




To this






I know there are pictures of the quilt there on the bed, but I'm just so proud of it. Here are a couple more, of it. :)

Here is the front. 



And here is the back




 I have to give a shout out to my wonderful mommy for all of her help, as well as the use of her sewing machine. Also to my hubby, Savannah and Nycole for helping to paint. :)

Hope you all have a great night, I'm finally off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment