Monday, December 5, 2011

Jolly Oh Saint Nicolas






Jolly old Saint Nicholas
lean your ear this way
Don't you tell a single soul 
what I'm going to say
Christmas Eve is coming soon
now, you dear old man 
Whisper what you'll bring to me
tell me if you can
 
 
We got a visit from Old Saint Nick, and his wife last night, and were the boys ever thrilled! He used his magic key and they walked right in our front door, his bells jingling to the tune of Jingle Bells as they came up the stairs to the dining room where we all were chatting. After greeting the children by name, they jumped right into telling the story of The Night Before Christmas. It was a fabulous performance, and how even Santa can memorize that story, I'll never know! Next came speaking with the boys individually, to find out if they they believe they have been good or bad and what they want most for Christmas.

Both J and D willingly climbed right up on Santa's knee, C, lol well C wasn't having any part of Santa Clause, He did however let Mrs. Clause hold him!
 




 
Afterward, we sang the HoHo Pokey, and Mrs. Clause read us a story. It was truly a wonderful evening and I was so blessed to be able to share this with my boys!!
 



(Sam was here, he was just taking the picture)

And Jolly Oh Saint Nick, he even got a great big hug!




When the clock is striking twelve
when I'm fast asleep
Down the chimney, broad and black
with your pack you'll creep
All the stockings you will find
hanging in a row
Mine will be the shortest one
you'll be sure to know
 
Bobby J wants a pair of skates
Suzy D wants a sled
Nellie C wants a picture book
yellow, blue, and red
Now I think I'll leave to you
what to give the rest
Choose for me, dear Santa Claus
you will know the best. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment