Sunday, September 25, 2011

Crazy Times!!

When the calender rolled from August into September, my baby was still...well, a baby. He had begun to push up onto his hands and knees and rock a little, but otherwise, he was fairly stationary.

Then, in the first 3 days of daddy being gone, he started to lunge at the toys he wanted and he taught himself to sit on his own. Now, just a mere 18 days later and my boy is gorilla walking around the room, pulling himself to a standing position on objects and sitting with out any help at all. I feel the surge of pride watching him grow and accomplish things on his own, but at the same time, infinite sadness knowing that he IS growing up and becoming more independent and he is only FIVE months old! I realize it has been awhile since my other boys were this age, but I don't remember them growing quite this quickly.







The last few weeks have flown by a lot quicker than I had anticipated, and we got a lot accomplished, at least in our little world. We finally made it down to New Mexico to get the some of my older boys' belongings that have been in storage almost a decade, and we had a great visit with family we don't see nearly enough while we were there, it was wonderful!






J found a fun bug while he was shooting rocks with his slingshot at overlook.
It's right there in front of him, yes that is a centipede (ewwwww)!!


D had a birthday, double-digits. . . VERY important birthday for a young man. He opted to have a piece of raw, vegan, blueberry cheesecake that our local health food store carries instead of having mom make him a birthday cake. I'm going to have to learn to make this cheesecake, and then I would love to share it with you!

And I got my husband back!
He had a great trip, I guess Cordova is a pretty amazing little town, so much so that we are looking at the possibility of relocating to there hopefully in the near future. Married to a fisherman, I could get used to eating like this every night.











Fresh coho salmon steak, YUMMM!! I have a freezer full of this, and couldn't be happier about it. Rumor has it there may be some halibut on it's way to me from part of the crew that is still up there, I'd be ok with that too!!


It's good to have daddy back!

No comments:

Post a Comment